Vacations are supposed to be fun! But, if you are eating tons of junk and not moving your body, you won’t feel your best. You won’t be able to enjoy your vacation as much as you could. So, before going on vacation, here are some tips to make your vacation the best it can be:
1. Plan ahead! Find fun local things to do that involve exercise – a jog through town, horseback riding, surfing class, a local hike or some volleyball. Check to see if where you are staying has a fitness center, a pool, a tennis court, etc. If not, ask the hotel what is nearby. If you are staying at a beach, take a walk everyday. Even a leisurely walk while looking for shells is good for your body!
2. Eat local! Check out the local farmers market and stock up on fresh fruits and vegetables to enjoy throughout the day. You may even be able to find exotic fruits you don’t have at home, depending on your location. Make your own food during the day, and only plan to eat out at night.
3. Give yourself permission to indulge! But only on foods you absolutely love. Don’t waste calories on foods that you don’t enjoy. Eat your favorite treats in moderation.
4. Hydrate! Drink plenty of water during the day to keep you hydrated and to ward off mindless snacking.
5. Have a plan for when you get home! Go home with your workout schedule already planned out. Plan to stock up on healthy foods upon your return, so you are ready to get back to your healthy routine.
Vacation’s top priority – relax and have fun!