Since I am on vacation this week, I am eating a lot of fresh fish! I thought I would share a seafood recipe with you too. I found this yummy recipe in the July/August 2010 issue of Muscle & Fitness Hers. It only serves 2, but can easily be doubled to serve more.
2 6-7oz salmon fillets, skin and pin bones removed
Kosher salt and cracked black pepper
1 cup halved grape tomatoes
2 Tbsp whole-grain mustard
4-6 basil leaves, sliced thin
1 Tbsp olice oil
Nonstick cooking spray
1. Coat salmon liberally with nonstick cooking spray, and season generously with salt and pepper. Immediately place fillets on a grill over high heat for about 2 minutes.
2. Using tongs, carefully try to rotate fillets 90 degrees to get nice grill marks. If they stick, leave them for another minute.
3. Let salmon cook another few minutes before flipping and reducing heat to low. Cook 5-10 minutes more until center of fillet is medium-rare.
4. Remove salmon from grill and let rest 4-5 minutes.
5. Meanwhile, toss tomatoes, mustard, basil, celery and olive oil in a small bowl. Season with salt and pepper. Top grilled salmon with salsa.
This dish pair very nicely with grilled asparagus!