Butternut Squash Ravioli with browned butter cranberry sauce is like having dessert for dinner – delicious!!
Butternut Squash Ravioli (or Triangoli from Trader Joes) – refrigerated type
2 tbsp Water
1 tbsp Brown sugar
1/2 cup Dried Cranberries
1/4 cup chopped Pecans
1/2 stick Butter
1/2 tsp Thyme
2 cups Arugula (optional)
Parmesan, grated (optional)
1. Cook pasta as directed (usually for 3-4 minutes).
2. At the same time, in a small non-stick sauce pan mix 2 tbsp water, brown sugar and dried cranberries. Simmer over medium heat until pasta is done in other pot and drained. Stir occasionally to prevent burning. Sauce should thicken slightly. Add pecans at end of cooking.
3. At the same time, Sauté butter in a small non-stick over medium-high heat.
Cook until butter begins to brown about 4 minutes. Add thyme to butter for about 30 seconds. Remove from heat.
4. Drain pasta. Return to pasta pot.
5. Stir cranberry sauce into browned butter and thyme.
6. Toss combined sauce with pasta and arugula. Plate and sprinkle with parmesan.